The Youth Showcase is an exciting opportunity to celebrate the achievements of local young people aged 12-25 years.
In 2021, the Youth Showcase will have a focus on recognising the resilience and personal growth shown by young people throughout the challenges of COVID-19. We want to hear about how young people have persevered with their personal goals, developed new skills, demonstrated flexibility or inspired others despite the significant challenges.
Nominees will be invited to attend a special event in June 2021, where their accomplishments will be celebrated.
Anyone can nominate, so tell us about the outstanding young people who you know!
Reasons to nominate
The Youth Showcase will celebrate young people’s resilience across a range of domains, including at home, school, work or in the community.
Nominators are encouraged to consider young people’s personal development or achievements in a variety of areas including:
- Learning and education, for example: adapting to online learning, following a chosen study pathway, maintaining or increasing engagement in learning.
- Work or employment, for example: securing work, persevering with a job search, or managing the demands of being an essential worker.
- Supporting others, for example: showing leadership or having a role as a carer.
- Developing new life skills, for example: developing independent living skills or mastering a new skill.
- Any instances where a young person has demonstrated flexibility, adaptability or the ability to maintain a positive mindset in the face of challenges.
Please ensure that the young person you are nominating, meets the eligibility criteria below.
- Nominee currently lives, works or studies within the City of Greater Dandenong (or has within the 12 month period prior to nomination).
- Nominee is aged between 12-25 years (as of the nomination closing date, 23 April 2021).
- Nominee must consent to the use of their personal information by the City of Greater Dandenong.
- Nominee agrees to have a summary of their nomination information read at the Youth Showcase. (All personal information about the young person’s personal circumstances will be treated with sensitivity and respect for the individual’s privacy).
Nominees will be asked to provide a photo and photo consent for the Youth Showcase celebration event.
How to nominate
Nominations are submitted online.
Nominations close on Friday 23 April, at 5pm.
To find out more information
For further information, please contact contact Youth and Family Services: