The Greater Dandenong Youth Network (GDYN) provides the opportunity for local government, youth related services, agencies, education providers and faith based organisations to meet bi-monthly to:
- share information
- provide collegiate support
- access professional development opportunities
- identify issues affecting young people, their families and service providers.
The GDYN also facilitates:
- development of partnerships and collaboration
- information and resource sharing
- discussion and co-ordination of funding
- improving services, networking, cooperation, coordination and integration of youth agency programs
- opportunities for advocacy together with, or on behalf of, young people; and to provide formal feedback on regional youth issues to government.
For more information
GDYN Terms of Reference - 144KB
If you would like to be part of the GDYN, please complete an online membership form.
GDYN meetings are held every second month. Meetings run from 9.30am - 11.30am.
Meetings are delivered using a hybrid model, alternating between in-person and online sessions.
Upcoming meeting dates for 2023:
Thursday 27 April
Wednesday 28 June
Wednesday 30 August
Thursday 19 October
Wednesday 29 November
Meeting Minutes for 2023
Meeting Minutes for 2022
Wednesday 23 February - Belonging and Resilience: Recognising young people’s strengths and resilience - 363KB
Wednesday 6 April - Digital Disruption: Exploring the opportunities and challenges of the online world - 132KB
Thursday 23 June - Understanding adolescents who use violence in the home - 357KB
Thursday 20 October - Youth mental health - 221KB
Wednesday 30 November - Supporting LGBTIQA+ young people - 263KB
Meeting Minutes for 2021
Thursday 18 February - COVID-19 Recovery for young people in Greater Dandenong - 325KB
Tuesday 20 April - Education and employment pathways for young people - 351KB
Thursday 17 June - Understanding consent and responding to sexual assault - 267KB
Tuesday 17 August - Young people, technology and social media - 327KB
Thursday 14 October - Young people and mental health - 301KB
Wednesday 24 November - The Year in Review, Reflections - 190KB