Do you enjoy painting, drawing or creating digital illustrations? We invite you to be a part of the creative movement that shows how great our community is.
Submit your artwork into the Greater Dandenong. My Place. My Community art competition.
Using paint, pencil, charcoal or digital art, show us:
- What you love about your community
- What is special about your community
- What connects you to your community
- Aged 12- 25 years
- Live, work, study or have a significant connection to the City of Greater Dandenong
- Entries must be original
- Entries must be either a drawing, painting or digital illustration
- Visually depict the theme of your connection to community
- One entry per person
- Dimensions of your original artwork must not exceed A2 paper size (594 x 420 mm)
- Observe the Terms and Conditions - 844 kB
Submissions Open: Monday 2 August 2021
Submissions Close: Sunday 3 October 2021
Adherence to theme and responding to questions related to theme
Technique and skill
Creativity and originality
Relevance to the City of Greater Dandenong
12 - 15 years
16 - 19 years
20 - 25 years
There will be a 1st and 2nd prize in each age category.
All mediums will be judged together as part of the relevant age category.
A 'People's Choice Award' will also be awarded.
Prizes to be announced soon!
How can I get involved?
Artworks must be submitted online through the Youth Services website. Select the 'Submit Your Artwork' button below.
To enter the competition, you must:
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully to ensure your artwork complies before submitting. Terms and Conditions - 844kB
- Complete the entry form online and attach an image of your artwork. Make sure you keep your original artwork as it may be included as part of an exhibition.
- If you have any issues with submitting your artwork online, please email email@example.com
For painting or drawing, you must submit a photograph of your work (JPEG, min 500kB, max 5MB). The dimensions for your original artwork must not exceed A2 paper size (594 x 420 mm).
For digital illustration, you must provide us with a digital format (JPEG, min 500kB, max 5MB).
To find out more information
For further information, please contact Youth and Family Services.
Phone: 9793 2155